- 40Ft long deck
- Standard unit weight 19,500 lbs
- 4,000 lbs lifting capacity
- Able to handle from 2 3/8” to 13 3/8” tubulars
- Catwalk is equipped with Superior Rigs patent pending VTPS (Variable Trough Position System)
- Catwalk can reach any rig floor from 4Ft up to 40Ft (with extensions)
- Catwalk can handle range III tubulars
- Hydraulic hoses contained within a cable carrier
- Easy access to HPU
- 75 HP Tier 4 diesel engine
- 3 trough kickers for DS & ODS
- 3 pipe rack indexers for DS & ODS
- Skate system travels full length of trough
- Pipe rack indexers can reach 18” pipe racks
- Wireless class 1 Div2 remote with LCD screen
- Leveling jacks on all 4 corners
- Standard manual belly jacks
- Custom colors available upon order
- Hydraulic cooling system
- Financing options available!
The commander is a rugged catwalk that is built to last. The commander is designed as a trailer but can be configured into a Skid model as well. The Commander is equipped with everything you’ll need to complete the job safely and on time.
All Catwalks built by Superior Rig will now be equipped with the patent pending VTPS which stands for Variable Trough Position System, Superior Rig designed it to give operators access to more than just a few pre-determined trough set points. The VTPS has NO pre-determined positions and is only pivoted by a single point. No longer will crews need to use a multi-step process to change the troughs position. The VTPS has a single pivoting member that connects the arm and trough, this pivoting member never comes detached from the arm and trough.
To set a new height conventional catwalks either require a multi-step process or requires the operator to place him or herself in harms way by manually handling the main pivoting pin. The VTPS eliminates both of these by only needing 1 step to position the trough at a new height. Because the VTPS has no pre-determined positions and is not fixed or locked to a hole or teeth the VTPS can also be adjusted while the trough is fully extended.
All catwalks that offer multiple trough height positions MUST be positioned while the trough is nestled in the frame. The Superior Rig Catwalk is the first of its kind that breaks this mold, because of its design the VTPS can be adjusted while the trough is extended to the rig floor. The VTPS will allow the operator to either lower the trough, raise the trough, extended the trough, or retract the trough giving the operator an immense amount of control of the catwalk that has never been offered before.
The VTPS can be connected to a PLC system to automate its movements from a push of a button on an HMI (Human Machine Interface) screen, this will allow the operator to move the catwalk autonomously.